Bryke must've failed geometry
- Teacher: Bryke, how's your worksheet coming along?
- Bryke: OK I guess (shows her worksheet)
- Teacher: Bryke, you've labeled all of these as triangles.
- Bryke: Uh huh.
- Teacher: Some of these have more than three sides. Like this one over here has TWELVE sides.
- Bryke: ...
- Teacher: So a triangle is a plane figure with three straight sides and three angles. Get it? TRI-angle.
- Bryke: I don't get it.
NEVER FUCKING DOUBT THE WILL OF MIKE AND BRYAN.
- Fandom: UGGHH Mike and Bryan are such freaking trolls....fucking love triangles and ship teases and everything...
- Bryke: Oh.
- Bryke: Well that's funny.
- Bryke: 'Cause it's not like we had to make a sequel in the first place you know.
- Bryke: You know, provide continuation on your favorite TV series of all time.
- Bryke: And some closure.
- Bryke: Not to mention improve the overall quality of the animation tenfold.
- Bryke: Oh, and set the stakes higher with a more mature and straight driving plot.
- Bryke: And break several action-adventure stereotypes, by making the lead character a young, strong, independent, woman.
- Bryke: Oh, and remember how you guys were worried about the release date?
- Bryke: Yeah. We sorta gave you that a month before the actual fucking premiere. When you thought that the fucking thing was gonna air at 2013 or some shit.
- Bryke: Don't forget premiering the first two fucking episodes online weeks before the air date.
- Bryke: But that's ok.
- Bryke: It's all good.
- Bryke: We'll just keep being trolls.
Janet Varney, voice of Korra from The Legend of Korra (Source)
PS: DYING(via joamette)
Bryke and Moffat probably meet every-so-often to giggle over each of their fandoms’ miserable existences whilst sipping tea…
Legend Of Korra News!
Joaquim Dos Santos, who worked extensively on two of the pinnacles of animated television inJustice League Unlimited and Avatar: The Last Airbender and is now the storyboard artist on the Avatar follow-up, discusses what sets the new series apart from its predecessor:
Both series are about discovery, the hero looking within themselves and finding out more about themselves. Yes there are a lot of aspects about Korra that are the opposite of Aang, but that’s not what informed the decision to go in that direction, Mike and Bryan just had this really cool idea and they went with it. As it turns out, as you will see, that Korra discovers stuff about herself that is shown right up front in the first episode completely the opposite of Aang, but there is stuff that she might relate to about Aang, she’s her own person. I don’t think the decision was ‘just do something that is opposite Aang.’
Thousands of fans saw the first two episodes during the preview weekend, what inspired the look of the show’s setting, Republic City?
A lot of it is old Shanghai/industrial revolution. We scoured the internet for a ton of references and we went and picked up a ton of books, mostly used books, that just had a ton of great photo-reference and speaking with the Art Director’s hat on, we wanted all the [backgrounds] to feel like they were painted, to have a paint-style rough look. We hired two amazing [background] painters, young kids right out of school, that really just went for it. The mandate was for there not to be any Photoshop pre-made textures you tend to see a lot in US animation, just laid on things [making] the backgrounds feel manufactured. We wanted each one to feel like a painting, one you could touch and hold even though they are done on computers.
There’s plenty more at the link. [Newsarama]
Watch this Saturday!
Okay, while I’m pretty sure that everybody and their mother have already seen the first two episode at least twice, try to tune in this Saturday. This post by legend-of-korra made a really good point:
And we should all turn on the T.V. during the premier because even if we’ve already seen the episode (numerous times), higher ratings will lead to more merchandising, better timeslots, more money for the series, and maybe more episodes!
So please! Try to make it if you can! Nickelodeon, Bryke, and Korra thank you for your time. :)
Bryan and Michael just love to fuck with us
- Bryan: Hey Michael, what do you think will happen if we leak this tiny flash of Korra kissing Mako?
- Michael: Bryan, that's not a good idea.
- Bryan: Well I'm still doing it.
- Bryan: *click*
- The Makorra Universe: OUR TIME HAS COME